The foundation of any relationship should be spirituality, and both the sides should consider this because if it’s accepted that way, the relationship is going to be a 100% long and happy one.
Another fragment from satsang:
• What is Most Important When Looking for a Partner and Building a Family?
Whole santsang: The basic fundaments of any relationships /watch/
The following themes were touched on during the satsang:
• A person can not choose in which family he wants to be born. Karma (the sum of all his actions: thoughts, words, and deeds) predetermines one’s birth and family.
• What are Sanskaras and how are they formed. What sanskars a person brings from the past, and how other sanskars are formed.
• How to create a close-knit family? What is the main foundation for a good relationship, and what determines, whether they will be long-term or temporary.
• Parenting. Why are relationships between parents important for children? Why is it necessary to monitor children’s surroundings outside the house? The role of mother and father in a family.
• What part do religion and spirituality play in a family?
EN, DE, RU subtitles
What is common in Orthodoxy and Sanatan Dharma (the ancient belief system of India), and what Sanatan Dharma (yoga is a part of it) teaches.
MEDITATION AND MANTRA:
– In your understanding, what is mindfulness?
– It is a state in which our inner chatter subsides and tranquillity fills our being. What regular meditation does is that the outer circumstances and fluctuations cease to throw our mind off balance as they please. The sources from which a person gains information should be also regulated. Gradually, a person starts to gain control over their lives, and most importantly, becomes the master of their mind.
– All the way here, I thought there’s one important question for me and for most people: how to put an end to suffering?
– I always say that we are either suffering or gaining. This depends on our past karma: if our good karma is awakening, at that time we are gaining something, we are happy; and if our bad karma is awakening, then we are suffering. Negative karma doesn’t mean something very bad. Any negative thoughts that we have created in the past are going to affect us in the future. Any negative words that we have created in the past will also affect our future. This is all past karma. If you are suffering, it is the result of your past karma (your thoughts, words, and actions). If we don’t want to suffer, then we have to remember the almighty power which always exists within us. We have to remember it through prayer, meditation, chanting the name of God, mantra. There are many ways to do this, but I think that chanting the name of God, chanting mantra is very important for neutralising your past negative karma. Radhe-Radhe!
–Somebody in the west might not have a strong desire for God, for self-realisation maybe, but they have problems, they have difficulties. If they come to you, can you help them, even if their motivation is not purely spiritual?
– Sure, I will help, because people’s thoughts also transform. I will give you an example. I meet with people. Seventy-eighty people (out of hundred) come with problems (related to health, work or personal life). Maybe three-five people (out of hundred) come with spiritual questions only. All they are coming, because they have some problems in life. And when they can’t solve them, they search for Masters, spiritual paths, go to temples.
Human mind works like this – when I give something, I have to gain something. And when people come and feel that this thing is helping, or they think “I had a minor question and there are very big and very deep things…” They understand that they seek financial gain, or solution to some little problems, but Guru Ji tells them about very deep things which can provide a happier and much better life. And then their thoughts also transform towards spiritual things. This happens most of the time. Because a soul is a part of God, it reflects on the past (in this life), remembers different karmas (i.e. thoughts, words, deeds). It thinks “Why am I running towards things that will not give me happiness for a long time? Should I do spiritual practice…” I always teach, that you have to do spiritual practice and should not live only for material purposes, I am balancing these things. So, when the person is doing both (i.e. spiritual and material), after some years they see that their life is changing for the better, day-by-day their thoughts transform into the higher level and there is spiritual progress in their life.
– So, to summarise, even if somebody comes to you for personal, practical, material issues you will help, but also they will gradually improve spiritually.
– Yes, this is correct, it is always happening.
– Is there anything you would like to say?
– I want to say to all of you, that you work hard in life. Main thing – look after your physical health, because you can do good things only when health is good. Good person has good health, every person has good health, but good person looks after their health also, because healthy person can do more. Body is also a mechanism; time affects your health, so you have to see to everything – stomach, hands, legs, head, everything as there are so many parts of our body. So, you should always be careful about your health, do good hard work and always remember God. And I will pray always for all of you – in my heart there is no Russia, France, London, India. We all are brothers and sisters and children of Almighty God. I always remember you and I will pray for all of you. Radhe radhe!
In the west everywhere there are family problems, children problems, they break up, etc. Can you say a few words on creating more harmonious relationships and also on the spiritual education of children?
– In the west everywhere there are family problems, children problems, they break up, etc. Can you say a few words on creating more harmonious relationships and also on the spiritual education of children?
– In the western world and also in India I see that people’s personal life is disturbed very much. This is also happening in big cities of India day-by-day. Why? It is happening, because both husband and wife have pride (ego). If you go and see in every family where harmony exists, you will see that one person’s ego is smaller than the other’s. If both are very egoistic, both egos are very big; they will not live together, even if they are good people. I often see in my disciples or people who are coming – husband is good, wife is good, not bad people, but they can’t live together, in small little things they create very big problems, because of ego, ego makes problems. This will end when they have spiritual knowledge. Problems happen because of the materialistic mind – wife is working, husband is also working; she is gaining money, he is also gaining money. She thinks “Why should I listen to him? I also have money power, I also have something powerful” and ego is increasing. This is the main problem.
Children’s education I think is the most important thing. I am talking about the entire world, not the West or India. If from a young age we provide children with spiritual, not only religious, knowledge, (together with other studies)… Religious knowledge is good if spirituality exists, because spirituality is the soul of all religions. I am not talking only about rituals. So, if from a young age every person, every child gains spiritual knowledge, I am sure that their personal life will not be disturbed.
And again – children must see these things. Mother’s and father’s role is of major importance in children’s spiritual education, because children are learning everything from them, their body language, not only words: how they respect each other, how they speak to each other, how they treat each other, how they love each other. These things are the most important for spiritual education of our children. If parents respect each other, if they talk in harmony, mother says something good and father understands, father talks and mother listens, they show mutual understanding, love, harmony… This is the main spiritual knowledge for our children. If they don’t see this in family, then everything depends upon their karma and that’s it. When children go out to the world, to school, students from different families come, there are different behaviours, children bring different family situations and they learn different things from each other – good and bad. But if our family is strong, spiritual, parents’ relationship is strong and spiritual, when children come home, once again they see harmony and other experiences will not have an effect on our children.
So, first thing is our family. Western, Indian, American, doesn’t matter, I am talking about the entire world. I always think, always pray to God: “If our families harmonise, the future of our children will be very good.” Eighty-ninety percent, of cases, you see divorce or separation happens because of little things; people create big problems from little things and separate. We have to compromise; we have to decrease our ego when we live with someone– like friends or husband and wife. Ego is the main problem and if we promote and establish strong family spiritual culture, I think so many problems in our society will be solved.
– So, the example of parents is important, the atmosphere of the home is important and what about the sadhana for the child? Can he start meditation young?
– Yes, any time, from early childhood. First a child can chant the name of God in any religion – any religion has the chanting of the name of God. Child should start something. When he can sit, he can do meditation, prayer. This will discipline the life of our children.